30 June 2008

Lotuses in the Rain



It's been a rainy weekend for me with severe thunderstorms and current tornado warnings. The sky is growling constantly with a thundering bass.



so I'm sticking close to home and playing with the rain drops on the lotus leaves...



If anyone has any photography pointers, I'm all ears. I'm really disappointed in the photo editing software I've been using. I think I'll try that included with the Canon 40D to see if it retains more of the vibrant coloring that the camera delivers.



I found a 17 to 85 IS lens I need to buy soon.



It's frustrating to run up against technical limits, but I'm happy to be learning so much so fast!



I'm also realizing that correcting photos is actually making them worse... The color quality from this camera is much better than that on Photoshop. How strange is that?



Photoshop makes the images look rather flat, when they really pop on my camera... Odd. Maybe it's time to upgrade software too.

No comments:

International Coastal Clean-Up!

The 2008 Coastal Clean-Up on Santa Rosa Island was a great success, but we can work together to make everyday a Coastal Clean-up Day... Help us keep our beaches beautiful!

For details on the 2009 coastal clean-up efforts in Pensacola or in your area, or other ways you can help, click here.

Hello World!

Hello World!
Which way to the sea?