25 June 2008

EOS 40D's First Day on the Beach :)



Just another day in paradise...



I still have a lot to learn with my new toy, but I had fun today.



One thing I noticed is the fish eye effect of my telephoto...



And the fact that I need a mid-range lens between the 50mm and the 75 to 300mm, but I knew that already.



But, check out the colors on the skimmers (Rhynchops niger).



The chicks were a little scared, but they were up and running in a few minutes.



There were tons of sand sculptures to photograph.



And the pyramids in the dark, shooting to the east...



and in the sunlight, shooting to the west...



Unfortunately, the only turtle we had today was also made of sand.



The clouds gave me lots of opportunities to play around.



And this six egg snowy plover nest (Charadrius alexandrinus) was quite the photo op.



Even the parents posed...



Of course, they displayed a little too.



I have tons of pics from today, but I think I've bored you with enough for today...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Loved the sunset shot !!

Turtle Girl said...

That's actually sunrise... How strange is that? In many pics, it looked as if a haze/cloud was holding up the sun...

Anonymous said...

Love the Black Skimmer candids!!! Thumbs up for the birds.

International Coastal Clean-Up!

The 2008 Coastal Clean-Up on Santa Rosa Island was a great success, but we can work together to make everyday a Coastal Clean-up Day... Help us keep our beaches beautiful!

For details on the 2009 coastal clean-up efforts in Pensacola or in your area, or other ways you can help, click here.

Hello World!

Hello World!
Which way to the sea?