07 July 2008

Night Patrols



Monica and I started night patrols last night. It was rather last minute, but it's still fun. With two back-to-back disoriented turtles, it seemed like the best time to start trying to monitor and tag a few turtles while they were finishing their nesting visits.



Unfortunately, we didn't have a nest on the ten mile section we patrolled last night. With nearly 30 miles of beach to choose from, it's hard to pick the right area.



I did have some late morning hours to spend with my newest lens though... I'll get some better pics soon, though I really like the one below.



Every time I see these flowers in the backyard, it makes me think of sunrise. Who could ask for anything more beautiful?

No comments:

International Coastal Clean-Up!

The 2008 Coastal Clean-Up on Santa Rosa Island was a great success, but we can work together to make everyday a Coastal Clean-up Day... Help us keep our beaches beautiful!

For details on the 2009 coastal clean-up efforts in Pensacola or in your area, or other ways you can help, click here.

Hello World!

Hello World!
Which way to the sea?