04 October 2008

Perdido Key Saturday



Yes, I've spent a lot of time at Perdido Key this week, often waiting on the sun.



Today, I had to finish the Kemp's stranding from Friday, check on a hatching sea turtle nest and do a quick bird survey.



RUTUs were involved...



There were SNEGs as well (snowy egrets)



and the ubiquitous models, the great blue heron. I never get tired of their statuesque poses.

There was another stranding today as well -- a stunning juvenile green sea turtle over on the Pensacola Naval Air Station that had been sliced by a boat propeller. I always hate those calls, but it's important to learn what we can from an animal, even though it's sad to have such a learning opportunity.


I almost bought a 500mm lens last night, but decided to wait til I know if I have a job in December. I'm just anxious to take better pictures!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

In many ways I think the "blog" has reinvented the "camera" ... and how it's used. There's a case that it was a digital revolution, but blogs have led the way on the "photo sharing" revolution. You're photos are great by the way, but new lenses are fun to play with.

International Coastal Clean-Up!

The 2008 Coastal Clean-Up on Santa Rosa Island was a great success, but we can work together to make everyday a Coastal Clean-up Day... Help us keep our beaches beautiful!

For details on the 2009 coastal clean-up efforts in Pensacola or in your area, or other ways you can help, click here.

Hello World!

Hello World!
Which way to the sea?