04 February 2008

Shoreline Park

The weather here was springlike again today. Highs reached the mid-seventies before the skies clouded up in the early afternoon. It was great to have such a beautiful day to just be...




I haven't spent much time exploring where I live since I'm always out and about at work. I decided it was time to change that, at least while it's warm enough to enjoy being outdoors.





This is such a peaceful place to live. Sitting on the dock, listening to the water lapping underneath soothed all the raw edges off my too-many-cups-of-coffee-this-morning nerves.



A young girl walking with her mother identified these yellow thorny blossoms as dewberries. I haven't seen them before, so I'm looking forward to seeing the fields in bloom, and tasting a new fruit. They're the same genus as raspberries, so they must be edible!



I don't remember seeing flowers on the raspberry bushes at home as a child, but then, I may not have been looking for anything until the berries arrived. Odd that I do remember seeing flowers on the blackberries...



I can't resist taking pictures of the tree beside my car when I pop out of it. I still don't know what this is, but it's beautiful!

No comments:

International Coastal Clean-Up!

The 2008 Coastal Clean-Up on Santa Rosa Island was a great success, but we can work together to make everyday a Coastal Clean-up Day... Help us keep our beaches beautiful!

For details on the 2009 coastal clean-up efforts in Pensacola or in your area, or other ways you can help, click here.

Hello World!

Hello World!
Which way to the sea?