19 February 2008

Back at the Park



My week off was rather stressful, and the drive was really long, but it was worth it to see family and friends up in the frigid north. I'm so grateful to be back at work though -- how many people can say that? It seemed as if even the trees welcomed me back with open arms.



It was great to see Gabe and the dogs -- I promised not to post any more pics since I took them before anyone was dressed for the day. Megh may pay me back for that one day!



I spent my first day back at Perdido Key, counting the birds and surveying the coasts for turtle and marine mammal strandings. All is well, at least at PK -- I'll check out the rest tomorrow and Thursday.



While there were no strandings, there were lots of fun things on the beach.



Mergansers...



Jellies...



and a bouquet -- there must have been a wedding on the beach!



I missed being here -- at times, it seems like a selfish thing, to work at a job I love so much, but I'm still here. I appreciate the peace and beauty of this place -- it is truly a wonderful gift.

No comments:

International Coastal Clean-Up!

The 2008 Coastal Clean-Up on Santa Rosa Island was a great success, but we can work together to make everyday a Coastal Clean-up Day... Help us keep our beaches beautiful!

For details on the 2009 coastal clean-up efforts in Pensacola or in your area, or other ways you can help, click here.

Hello World!

Hello World!
Which way to the sea?