21 January 2008

Moving Day

Jennifer left for her new USDA job on Thursday, which left me hanging around for just a few more days. I moved out today to a place in Gulf Breeze Proper. I still think I should just sign a lease and get my own place, but I'm worried that I may leave sooner than planned, especially since my Mom's twin, Paul, had a heart attack on Sunday. I feel a real need to be closer to my Mom in case she needs someone to lean on, or someone to drive :)



I've only met one of my new roommates, but he seems really nice. Everyone's running around today because of the MLK holiday, so it was a good day to move. I didn't know if anyone was here when I arrived and all the bedroom doors were closed, so I tried to move in silently -- it's not as easy as it sounds! Doors slam, books tumble to the ground, over packed boxes break. It wasn't until I'd left and returned with my second (and last) car load that I realized no one was home... I can be overly considerate!



I still haven't finished unpacking -- my largest suitcases are still in my car. At a minimum, I need to put together a few boxes to take to Delaware on my next trip north. Given the news of this weekend, I think that trip will occur as soon as I speak with my boss tomorrow,. No point in unpacking those suitcases just to take them back to Delaware.



Sorry there's no park or nature news here, other than the gorgeous flowers out front of my new home -- it's just a day to move.

No comments:

International Coastal Clean-Up!

The 2008 Coastal Clean-Up on Santa Rosa Island was a great success, but we can work together to make everyday a Coastal Clean-up Day... Help us keep our beaches beautiful!

For details on the 2009 coastal clean-up efforts in Pensacola or in your area, or other ways you can help, click here.

Hello World!

Hello World!
Which way to the sea?