10 December 2007

A Grinch or a Procrastinator?

I realized today that I have purchased exactly one Christmas present... and I don't know if I have the budget for anymore, but I love to buy gifts for people. Not many know it, but Christmas is my favorite day of the year. Circumstances usually keep me from celebrating with friends and family, and keep me as a wall-flower when i do, but I am like a little kid. I really just want to see that smile on someone's face.

Which brings me to my current dilemma... If I do drive to my sister's for Christmas, I can't afford to buy anyone anything (including groceries for myself for the next month). If I don't go, I can probably get a gift or two for my roommate and the intern at work (my roommate is my co-worker). However, I don't really know who they are or what they would want. How do you buy gifts for people you don't really know? Other than work, we share nothing in common -- we're completely different in every respect.

I looked for gifts for them all weekend, but I don't want to buy a gift just to buy a gift. I want to find a perfect gift for them, and I am completely lost. I think I usually go into debt this time of year, and this year, I'm really trying to stay out of that trap. The work situation looks dismal, and it won't be better while GWB is in office. I still can't afford to go to law school, and my book remains unpublished, so things are really tight. Knowing me, though, I'll go out and hunt for gifts until I find just the right thing for everyone... I can't resist the Christmas spirit!

No comments:

International Coastal Clean-Up!

The 2008 Coastal Clean-Up on Santa Rosa Island was a great success, but we can work together to make everyday a Coastal Clean-up Day... Help us keep our beaches beautiful!

For details on the 2009 coastal clean-up efforts in Pensacola or in your area, or other ways you can help, click here.

Hello World!

Hello World!
Which way to the sea?