03 December 2007

The Day of Blue Green Clay

Well, today was my day off and I finally had the time to get my hair done. It's been so neglected in all the fuss and bother of sea turtle nesting season, red tide, red tide strandings, etc. I was so embarrassed when I walked in -- it had been six months since I last saw Saiko, and I couldn't make it to her salon (in Delaware) so I had to visit one here in Florida. Not a good way to make a positive first impression!

I realized, a few months ago, that my hair got tangled in the metal grating of the mule everytime I drove it on the beach. I actually had to work to free my ponytail a few times before I wised up and braided it. It ruined my ends... Six months in the the sun, salt and intense sunlight wasn't good for my color either. What a mess! It's a good thing I've been able to wear a hat lately!

The fashion gods are already laughing at me due to my lack of winter wardrobe. I wonder what they think about my hair. I am a huge fashion don't these days, and that's so not who I am. I'm debating driving all the way to Delaware to pick up some of my winter classics, but I really dread the drive. I think I dread being such a dud all winter even more -- I love my cashmere sweaters, my pashminas, my boots and winter coat collection, my fall and winter fun pants (lots of Alica and Olivia quirkiness for weekends!). For now, I'm stuck with Park Service green and some diesel and seven for all mankind jeans. What's a girl to do? At least an hour with a vibrant blue green clay hair mask, the color of the local sea, took care of the hair problem!

No comments:

International Coastal Clean-Up!

The 2008 Coastal Clean-Up on Santa Rosa Island was a great success, but we can work together to make everyday a Coastal Clean-up Day... Help us keep our beaches beautiful!

For details on the 2009 coastal clean-up efforts in Pensacola or in your area, or other ways you can help, click here.

Hello World!

Hello World!
Which way to the sea?