22 November 2008

Farewell to Gulf Islands National Seashore, Florida



It was my final day on the beaches of Gulf Islands National Seashore. I was disappointed that it was so windy and cold - it made the birds rather shy as they sought warmth in the frigid weather.



I did get a few shots, but I had to work for them! This crawl isn't a turtle crawl - it's a turtle girl crawl... It was the only way to get a photo with the skittish birds.



They seemed to fly at the drop of a hat today. They really needed some warm sunshine.



I have so enjoyed my time here, and will miss the gorgeous gulf greatly, but I know there are fantastic adventures ahead. Thanks so much for following my blog to see how the beach is doing.



Things will change drastically in the next year as road work continues -- the road to Fort Pickens should be finished by April!

4 comments:

Collin said...

gorgeous!!

Anonymous said...

I'm really going to miss your photos from this area.

Of course I'm now looking forward to photos from where you find yourself next.

Annie Wicking said...

What a wonderful place to have had the chance to work and to know that your work will make a difference to the wild life there.

Best wishes,
Annie

Barrier Island Girl said...

I'm not saying anything! I'll start crying! :-(

But the 'turtle girl crawl' did make me laugh. :-)

DJ

International Coastal Clean-Up!

The 2008 Coastal Clean-Up on Santa Rosa Island was a great success, but we can work together to make everyday a Coastal Clean-up Day... Help us keep our beaches beautiful!

For details on the 2009 coastal clean-up efforts in Pensacola or in your area, or other ways you can help, click here.

Hello World!

Hello World!
Which way to the sea?