08 October 2007

Writing Recommendations

How do you write a professional recommendation for a former employee who failed to make the grade? A nice young man I used to work with was my direct report. I had no issues with him, but my boss did. His attitude was horrible, he was even moodier than I am (and he doesn't have PMS!) and often dragged the rest of the division into his difficulties. He's the only one I ever had to take to HR. I left the company almost a year ago, he left this summer and wants a rec from me. How do I give him an honest review without hurting his chances?

It's supposed to be my day off, so why am I doing this?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

just wing it...

International Coastal Clean-Up!

The 2008 Coastal Clean-Up on Santa Rosa Island was a great success, but we can work together to make everyday a Coastal Clean-up Day... Help us keep our beaches beautiful!

For details on the 2009 coastal clean-up efforts in Pensacola or in your area, or other ways you can help, click here.

Hello World!

Hello World!
Which way to the sea?