21 October 2007

Sunday



The day dawned crisp and clear, fall in Florida. It's amazing how quickly I can leave the nightmare of this past week where it belongs -- in the past. Such a strange conjunction of events! It's left me rather tired, worn out and ready for a nap. I'm enjoying just being at home, watching the wind play in the trees, the birds flit about the feeders and butterflies fluttering through on their migration. Nothing major, just a little sun, some distance from the beach, and a good cup of tea. That's what Sundays are for, right? I'm new to the whole 'weekend' thing -- we don't usually get them; as field biologists, we work 24/7, so these two days are quite a welcome habit.

I'm searching for smiles today -- a need to pick myself up from the deluge of this week. Even these straggly weeds in the yard add some sunshine to my day. How is it that I can appreciate the imperfections in nature and in others, but not in myself?

No comments:

International Coastal Clean-Up!

The 2008 Coastal Clean-Up on Santa Rosa Island was a great success, but we can work together to make everyday a Coastal Clean-up Day... Help us keep our beaches beautiful!

For details on the 2009 coastal clean-up efforts in Pensacola or in your area, or other ways you can help, click here.

Hello World!

Hello World!
Which way to the sea?